Illegal immigrant Uber driver raped passenger then fled to native Ghana, police say




An Uber driver charged with raping a passenger earlier this month was able to walk free because officials failed to notify immigration agents about his arrest, authorities said.
Frederick Amfo, 30, an illegal immigrant from Ghana, was arrested after a female passenger said that on April 8 he forced her into the backseat of his car and raped her, police said. Hours after he was released from police custody, he fled to his native Ghana. He was supposed to surrender his passport but did not.

“A loss for words,” Emily Murray, the victim who insisted on being identified by the press, told Boston 25. “I was angry, I’m still angry. I’m confused.”
A spokesman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement told Boston 25 that a federal immigration detainer should have been placed on Amfo. Weymouth police claimed it forwarded the detainer to Quincy District Court.
“The court chose not to forward the detainer to Norfolk County, allowing for his subsequent release on bail from custody,” the agency said in a statement. “This case highlights the potential dangers of policies that prohibit cooperation with ICE.”
The court told the Patriot Ledger that there was no record of an immigration detainer at the time of his arraignment.
A ruling last year made Massachusetts a sanctuary state – meaning illegal immigrants accused of a crime cannot be transferred to immigration officials.
Murray claims on April 8 she was trying to get home when Amfo allegedly locked the doors to his vehicle and sexually assaulted her in the backseat.
“Within minutes, I was in a situation I couldn’t control and I was assaulted,” she said.
Police said DNA collected from a rape kit and Amfo’s car led to his arrest days later.
Amfo was charged with sexual assault. On Friday, a Quincy District Court set bail at $10,000 and he was given a stay away order.
Court records show that Amfo was also given 24 hours to surrender his passport if he made bail. But he made bail later that afternoon without surrendering his passport.
Three days later, Murray was told that Amfo had fled to Ghana.
“If I went to Ghana and I committed a crime, I wouldn’t expect to be able to hop on plane and say sorry about that, here’s some money,” she said Tuesday. “I would expect to answer for it. Accountability. And there had been just zero.”
She told the Boston Herald that Amfo is a coward.
“He proclaims his innocence and then just leaves?” she said. “I feel hurt. … People get blamed for not coming forward and then get victimized more when they do.”
She said she doesn’t believe she will ever get justice.
“But I hope this shines a light and it won’t happen in the future,” she said, “because of me coming forward and me releasing my name and putting a face behind this whole situation.”


Comedian Jay Mohr calls for professor who bashed late Barbara Bush to be fired




Comedian Jay Mohr is an advocate of free speech, but even he was pushed too far by the words of a university professor in California after her insensitive words about the late Barbara Bush sparked outrage. Now, the comedian is calling for her to be fired.
As previously reported, Randa Jarrar, an author and professor in the English department at California State University, Fresno, took to Twitter to share her less-than-respectful thoughts about the death of the former First Lady.
“Barbara Bush was a generous and smart and amazing racist who, along with her husband, raised a war criminal. F*** outta here with your nice words,” the professor tweeted, among a slew of other insults, which included wishing the same fate on the rest of the Bush family.
Mohr sent a tweet to Joseph Castro, president of the Fresno State campus, calling for Jarrar’s termination.
“COWARD,” he wrote. “I’m a comedian, huge free speech advocate. Randa Jarrar should be fired 4 her sheer arrogance. A garbage person that cannot possibly be shielded through your terrible+weak PC statement today. Protecting her hate isn’t why you make 300k a year.”
So far, the comedian’s tweet has received no response from Castro. It’s unclear at this time if action will be taken against the professor, or if it’s legal for the university to do so based on a tweet.


Kim Kardashian Announces tHEY ARE Closing of All DASH Stores




It's the end of an era for the Kardashian family.

Kim Kardashian revealed Thursday that she, Kourtney Kardashian and Khloe Kardashian are shutting down their DASH boutiques for good.


The reality star released a statement on her app announcing the closures: "After nearly 12 years, my sisters and I have decided to close the doors of our DASH stores. We opened our first store as a family in 2006 and, since then, we have made so many lifelong memories. From opening locations in Los Angeles, Miami and New York, to having our Dash Dolls spin-off show, it's been such a huge part of our lives."

The first DASH storefront opened in the Kardashians' hometown of Calabasas. Multiple seasons of Keeping Up With the Kardashians captured the sisters' experiences growing their business from a small retailer to a large-scale operation, and E!'s Dash Dolls followed the stories of their employees.

As for what led to finally closing shop, Kim said her sisters' priorities have shifted over the years.

She explained, "We've loved running DASH, but in the last few years, we've all grown so much individually. We've been busy running our own brands, as well as being moms and balancing work with our families. We know in our hearts that it's time to move on."

"We love our DASH Dolls and are so grateful for the amazing memories. And we have to give a special thanks to the DASH employees and all of the incredible fans and customers who have supported us throughout the years! We couldn't have done it without you. Thank you to everyone!" she concluded.


Something tells us a new style-centric venture is right around the corner for this famous family! Until then, we're bidding DASH a fond farewell.


Student Raises Red Flags Over History Textbook's Narrative on Trump, Supporters




A high school student is sounding the alarm over a textbook which she sees as containing "blatant" bias against President Trump and his supporters. 
Tarra Snyder, a junior at Rosemount High School in Minnesota, said it was "really surprising" to see passages questioning President Trump's mental stability in the Advanced Placement history book, "By the People: A History of the United States."

“I really believe that learning should be objective and that students can make their own decisions based on what they’re able to learn in a classroom, and if the facts are skewed then students aren’t able to make well-rounded decisions on what they believe,” she said
The book, which is published by Pearson and authored by New York University professor James Fraser, has not yet been published for classroom use and is a sample text being sent out to public high schools.



View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

In case you didn’t think there was an effort going on in public schools to indoctrinate kids with an anti-conservative agenda, a friend of mine took pictures and highlighted parts of this AP US History book.

"Clinton's supporters feared that the election had been determined by people who were afraid of a rapidly developing ethnic diversity of the country ... They also worried about the mental instability of the president-elect and the anger that he and his supporters brought the nation," the book stated.
The text also classified the president's supporters as "a mostly older, often rural or suburban, and overwhelmingly white group."
Snyder said on "Fox & Friends" that she didn't expect the amount of publicity she's received for calling attention to the book, but that she wanted to see what other people thought about the proposed curriculum.
"I thought it was pretty blatant so I wanted that second opinion," she said.
Pearson Media Relations Director Scott Overland said in a statement regarding the book, "'By The People' was developed by an expert author and underwent rigorous peer review to ensure academic integrity. ... It aims to promote debate and critical thinking by presenting multiple sides of historical issues."


Missing WWII German submarine found after nearly 73 years lost at sea





Denmark’s Sea War Museum discovered the U-3523 roughly 403 feet below sea level. (Sea War Museum Jutland)


A German submarine from World War II-- rumored to have been used to transport Nazi leadership to South America following the war-- has been located nearly 73 years after being lost at sea.
Denmark’s Sea War Museum discovered the U-3523 roughly 403 feet below sea level. The submarine was found off the coast in Denmark’s northernmost town of Skagen, nine miles west of where it was reportedly sunk by Britain, according to the paper.
The front of the vessel was buried in the sand and the stern jutted out, according to a report by The Sun published on Tuesday.
The depth of the sub’s final resting place, however, makes it difficult for researchers to reach.
Gert Normann Andersen, the museum’s director, told the paper that the discovery dispels rumors of a potential escape that stemmed from the failure to locate the vessel after it was sunk by a British B24 Liberator attack on May 6, 1945.
“I think the rumor developed because U-3523 was a very modern, long-distance U-boat and some Nazis tried to escape with valuables in the last days,” Andersen said. “But the submarine was going to Norway, and not to South America with Nazis and valuables.”
A copy of the last telegram from the submarine from May 5, 1945 was obtained earlier by Andersen. The telegram makes no indication of having high-ranking officials onboard or valuables.
Rumors about Hitler fleeing to South America just before the war came to an end have also been powered by declassified documents from U.S. intelligence. In one instance, the documents cited allegations from a former SS trooper named Phillip Citroen that claim Der Führer sought refuge in Colombia and also Argentina, the paper reported.
Adolf Eichmann, a leading architect of the Holocaust, and Auschwitz Dr. Josef Mengele are known to have escaped to South America, according to the paper.
Out of the 118 Type XXI submarines built by Nazi Germany during the war, only two were deployed before WWII ended because of disregard for quality control, the paper reported. The design was later copied Britain, the US, France and the Soviet Union.
The only other original Type XXI submarine is located at the German Maritime Museum in Bremerhaven. 



911 operator who hung up on emergency calls is sentenced to jail




A former 911 operator who hung up the phone "thousands" of times on people attempting to call in emergencies in Harris County, Texas has been sentenced to jail time.
Crenshanda Williams, 44, was found guilty of interference with emergency telephone calls Wednesday after "systematically" hanging up the phone on residents of Harris County, KTRK reported

She was sentenced to 10 days in jail and 18 months probation.
Williams reportedly had an unusual number of "short calls," which were no longer than 20 seconds. Prosecutors, according to the Houston Chronicle, determined she hung up on "thousands" of calls.
In one instance, emergency caller Jim Moten told KTRK he called 911 in 2016 after he spotted two vehicles speeding on a highway where people had been killed from speeding weeks earlier and thought his call had dropped after a few seconds.
Court documents, according to the news station, stated that Williams had taken Moten's call and, before he could finish explaining his emergency, she reportedly said: "Ain't nobody got time for this. For real."
The dispatcher also hung up on a caller who tried to report a violent robbery, according to the Chronicle.
Williams reportedly spent a year and a half at the Houston Emergency Center taking 911 calls. She was caught in August 2016 and fired.
"The citizens of Harris County rely on 911 operators to dispatch help in their time of need," Assistant District Attorney Lauren Reeder said in a statement. "When a public servant betrays the community's trust and breaks the law, we have a responsibility to hold them criminally accountable."
Williams' attorney, Franklin Bynum, argued that his client "was going through a hard time in her life" when she hung up on the emergency calls, and said "punishing her doesn't do anything to fix the problems that still exist at the emergency center."
It's unclear what problems at the center Bynum was referring to.
The "state-of-the-art" center was opened in 2003 as a consolidation of Houston's three emergency communication centers. 


Fresno State says Barbara Bush-bashing professor can be fired despite HER tenure




California State University's Fresno campus is investigating after one of their English professors tweeted she was "happy" former first lady Barbara Bush was dead just an hour after her passing was announced.
The author and professor, Randa Jarrar, tweeted a slew of comments about Bush, calling her "a generous and smart and amazing racist who, along with her husband, raised a war criminal."
Bush, 92, died Tuesday night just days after her family announced her health was failing.
Amid the backlash to her tweets, Jarrar, who also said she "can't wait for the rest of [the Bush] family to fall to their demise," said that she couldn't get fired from her job at Fresno State because of tenure.
“I work as a tenured professor. I make 100K a year doing that. I will never be fired. I will always have people wanting to hear what I have to say," she wrote on Twitter.
The university's provost, Lynnette Zelezny, referred to the professor's comments as "disrepectful" during a news conference Wednesday, and said the school is taking the situation "very seriously." 

"We understand the concern from the community and we are taking this very seriously," Zelezny said, according to The Fresno Bee. "To answer the technical question: Can she not be fired? The answer is no."
Fresno State has reportedly not been in contact with Jarrar, who has been on a leave of absense during the spring semester.
Following Jarrar's tweets Tuesday, the university's president, Joseph Castro, also distanced the school from the professor's controversial comments, saying they raise "deep concerns" and were made "as a private citizen."
In a statement, Castro extended the school's "deepest condolences to the Bush family on the loss of our former First Lady, Barbara Bush."


Love letter from George HW Bush to Barbara from WW2 goes viral




Historians and journalists on Tuesday tweeted out the hand-written love letter that future President George H.W. Bush sent to his then-fiancée Barbara Pierce on Dec. 12, 1943.

Michael Beschloss, a presidential historian, tweeted that Bush was a U.S. Navy pilot at the time during World War II. The letter written in blue ink on Navy stationery and begins: "My darling Bar."
The future president begins by telling her how happy he was to read their engagement announcement in the newspaper.
“I love you, precious, with all my heart and to know that you love me means my life. How often I have thought about the immeasurable joy that will be ours someday. How lucky our children will be to have a mother like you,” the letter read.
The two met at a Christmas dance. She was 17. He was 18. The future president was a naval aviator in training.
"I'm not much at recalling what people wear, but that particular occasion stands out in my memory," he wrote in his autobiography.
The band was playing Glenn Miller tunes and he asked a friend from Rye, N.Y., if he knew the girl across the room in the green and red holiday dress.
The friend introduced him to Barbara Pierce, a publisher's daughter from Rye who was going to school in South Carolina. The next song was a waltz.
"Since I didn't waltz, we sat the dance out. And several more after that, talking and getting to know each other," Bush wrote. "It was a storybook meeting."
Barbara Bush, 92, died Tuesday, shortly after her family announced she was in failing health and would decline further medical treatment in favor of "comfort care." There were no details of her specific health problems.
In a statement, one of her sons, former President George W. Bush, called his mother "a fabulous First Lady and a woman unlike any other."
The two were married Jan. 6, 1945, four months after the elder Bush was shot down over the Pacific. He'd been the Navy's youngest aviator when he got his wings and carried the name "Barbara" on his Grumman Avenger torpedo bomber.
The letter, which was kept in the former first lady’s scrapbook, goes on to mention the war and the mission, but the young pilot wrote that he couldn’t wait to return to her.
“This may sound melodramamtic, but if it does it is only my inadequacy to say what I mean. Bar, you have made my life full of everything I could ever dream of — my complete happiness should be a token of my love for you.”


ADS NATIVE